This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
twitter q: what is hashtag?
10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
twitter q: what is hashtag?
how to use it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 09:45 PM

This thing: -> # <- it's used to reference topics and stuff. #TaliMancer

Ads

A hashtag can be used to sum up your tweets. I never knew what it was, but just look at what other people are hashtagging and you'll get the hang of it. For example, if i was to tweet about take me out I could then hashtag #TakeMeOut so then, when you click the hashtag, you can see all other tweets that are about take me out. Lots of people just do things like how they are feeling or stuff now. Just look around, trust me you'll begin to understand!

A hashtag is something that signifies a common interest usually. For example when new movies come out you'll see #nameofnewmovie in the trending section on Twitter. It is a shorthand way of communication for Twitter users.

You don't have to use hashtags at all, but if you do make sure people know what the hashtag is. Don't use a hashtag like #4549ddfjjdfk since that means nothing to anyone. For example, you can send out a tweet "Saw new movie #itwasgreat" & people will understand. Essentially keep it simple & everything will work out.