This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it heartlesss to be happy that my parents are divorcing?
11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Is it heartlesss to be happy that my parents are divorcing?
My dad got drunk and he would beat my mom up. He doesn't have a job anymore, and he sits on Fabebook and Twitter all day. My mom pays for EVERYTHING. He was also very mean to me, and he would tell me how worthless and stupid I am.

My mom and dad are getting a divorce. My mom is kicking my dad out of the house.
Do you think it's bad to be relieved that my dad will be gone?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:25 PM

Thats not bad at all! Hey I would be happy if my dad did all of those things and my mom decided to kick him out!

Ads

No its not heartless. You know what is best for you and your mom. =) I'm happy for you

Not at all, you can still love your parents whilst being happy they've split up. It makes you the better person that you care about your mum so much.

No, it sounds perfectly understandable! Just because you're related to/married to someone doesn't mean you can treat the horribly or in a demeaning way. You don't just get love and respect, you earn it by treating others with it.

Maybe one day he'll get his shit together and you can reconcile with him, but in the meantime you and your mom are better off without him.

Not at all. Your dad treated your mom like trash on the floor. He deserves to be kicked out. You and your mom don't deserve to be treated like that. Hell, if my dad was like that I would be happy, myself.

No!

No that's not bad at all! Good luck to you Smile

:'( Same happend to me when I had to live with my dad but the step mom was the b*tch. She would hit me when I got an B+ on my report card and call me piece of cr*p. Be happy, because finally, I got custody from my mom and my step mom is currently sill in jail for child abuse Big Grin (I'm 14) Its not heartless... its still a human being but... if she was a bad person then be happy

no it's perfectly fine! a lot of my friends whose parents are divorced were relieved, and they didn't even have it as bad as you. it means the end of late night arguments, shouting matches, and you get a little stability in your life, even if it seems at first like everything is falling apart. don't go around leaping for joy, obviously, but no it's absolutely not wrong or heartless to be happy.