This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to run a successful twitter for my art blog?
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
How to run a successful twitter for my art blog?
I've recently started trying to start a written blog and video blog, but I'm a blimp on the social radar lol! It's an art blog with tutorials, my thoughts/perspectives on my artwork. I've started a blog, which has like four followers (it's on tumblr, but I'm going to make a wordpress account as well). I've made a twitter, but I have no clue how it works lol! Who do I want to follow to help promote my blog? (I don't really have friends on twitter). I've decided to post content once a week on all of the social networking sites. I draw a lot so I'll probably post artworks more often. I have about 6 weeks of real content/vlogs/written blogs already set up to get me started that I can distribute about once a week,
Trust me, I have no intention of being a spammer. I just am a bit overwhelmed as to where to start. And everyone says twitter is vital so I'm just trying to make a game plan for everything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 10:00 PM

1. Search on Twitter for Web Designers and people who own their own blog and follow them.
2. Find Tweets from people that you like what they have to say and follow them
3. Join all of the social media places and tie them all together. When someone joins one invite them to join one of your others as well
4. Place your work on places like http://istockphoto.com, then tweet about it so others know it is there. Do the same with Youtube and so on again making sure to invite them to join you on Twitter
5. Dont be afraid to get an actually hosted WordPress site and make it your central hub for of these activities and share on it regularly then tweet about each post you make

That is just a few suggestions to get you started - hope that helps!

Ads

10-02-2012, 10:00 PM

It's not about who you want to follow who can promote you. It's not about you, with any social networking (at least it's not supposed to be about you.)

You need to start following folks. Look for people in your niche, that do the same thing you do. If you don't know how to search, here ya go:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/132...on-twitter

Follow them, follow their followers, but before you do take the time to go look at their tweets and websites. Some will follow back.

If all you do is promote yourself, then you'll be branded a spammer. You want to get to know the folks you follow, retweet them, that kind of thing.

You'll need to tweet every day. You don't need to go nuts, but 4 -5 times throughout the day. You want folks to know you're alive.