This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
weird error on facebook saying my account is unavailable for an hour because of site issues?
11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
weird error on facebook saying my account is unavailable for an hour because of site issues?
Account Unavailable
Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.

i tried to sign in on my brothers and moms accounts and they worked.
when i went on their facebook i looked on mine and everything i posted was gone?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:26 PM

Don't worry about it Sam. I know some accounts which are currently unavailable. Just give it a couple of hours and your account will be back Smile Your facebook account may be on a different set of servers compared to your brothers and moms accounts. Facebook accounts are spread of huge set of servers worldwide (In various data centers).

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:26 PM

This seems to be a periodic issue, it happens all the time, but only to certain users at any given time, most likely as stated already because of the server it's on.

I just got the issue about 4 hours ago. My roommate logged into his page fine and looked at my page one minute and there were no posts on my wall and all my photo albums were gone, but my friend list was there. He refreshed the page and everything showed up again. Logged out and logged in and it was all gone again.

A google search brings up various people that have had the issue last for several day, which is not a comforting thought, but seems like Facebook don't have a standard ETA on the issue - so it's a wait and see I guess.