This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Websites To Connect With Fellow Future College/University Students?
11-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Any Websites To Connect With Fellow Future College/University Students?
I'm interested in going to a university in America in the future, and obviously I won't know anyone there if I do. I was wondering if there are any websites where I can connect with other people who are going to the same university at the same time as me? (meaning that Facebook, Twitter etc. don't really come into the equation) It would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Actually, Facebook probably is your best bet. Most schools set up groups for their incoming classes - and even if they don't, some incoming student will take the initiative. You can jump in on discussions, and if you click with some people, you can either friend them or get their contact info and continue the discussion elsewhere if you want. If that doesn't appeal, then browse the school website for some clubs that look interesting and see if the officers have contact info; they'll usually be happy to help you make contacts with current students.

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Facebook. Definitely. Most schools set up there own pages for that year's class. People will then post small profiles about themselves, looking for a roommate. If you don't find one there, don't stress! My roommate found me on Facebook once we had been assigned! So definitely Facebook.