This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook a good or bad way to make more friends? Is it safe or completely open to people?
11-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Is Facebook a good or bad way to make more friends? Is it safe or completely open to people?
I am 13 years old and I was thinking about getting a Facebook account, cause all of my friends have one. The thing is that I heard bad stuff about it, not like bad as in completely over rated, I mean like people get in fights lose their friends. Should I create the account, also I heard that it is open to anyone and they can stalk you on the site and just hurt in several ways.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:33 PM

You sound pretty paranoid there. Nothing on Facebook is more or less dangerous than the rest of the internet, just don't give out all your personal information and make sure to set your privacy settings such that only people you've added as friends can view your profile. Also remember not to post any pictures on Facebook that you wouldn't want your mom or even a grandparent to see, as any picture posted on the internet can find its way into other peoples hands.

All in all though, there's no great threat.

Ads

Just keep in mind that everything you post will be read and seen.
it's up to you to control yourself on facebook.

If your smart it will show,If you act like a fool , you might loose friends and look silly.
Just don't get hooked on it and start posting like crazy and you will be fine

You can set your profile to private, and even make it so that people can't search for you. People must send you a friend request before they can see your profile (if you have it set to private). All in all, facebook can be very safe as long as you take the time to work through your privacy settings. So no, it is not in anyway open to everyone.

its just you can make put yourself in danger like when you add people or when people add you.you have to make sure you know them..some people in there are creepy and some are stalkers too just be careful other than that facebook is an awesome way to connect with your friends and control your privacy settings :-) hope I helped PLEASE HELP WITH MY QUESTION ASAP THANKS

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...646AAjxKDT

well Im 13 too and not allowed to have one til im 14. Sometimes suggestive things can show up in the sidebars, (im not saying there is always terrible stuff there because most of the time it is just advertsiments for apps and other stuff, but sometimes there may be something innapropriate from time to time.) facebook shouldnt get you and your friends in fights unless your just talking mean to eachother. no different from talking or texting in that respect. If you dont set your profile to private, people can see your info. You can set it to you have to approve people to be on your list before they can see certain things. I wouldnt use it to talk to people I dont know, but thats really your choice. One thing to be warned aout it this- my brother is 18 and he got a friends request from a girl. This girl requested everyone on his friends list. turns out, that girl always posts links and says their a link to donate money to something or something like that, but turns out it goes to a website that says you must be 18 to see.and she also hacks peoples accounts. So you have to watch out for people like that. Generally, facebook is a great way to keep touch with friends and family. but i would get permission to use it first,