This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did MyLife.com get my information and how do I remove it?
11-09-2012, 10:26 PM
How did MyLife.com get my information and how do I remove it?
I just googled my name and Mylife.com had all of my information including my father's name and city, state where he lives. Does anyone know how I can remove my name and how to make sure something like this won't happen in the future? Their Customer Service is closed and there seems to be nothing on their website for removal without signing up first. It's truly a concern and ridiculous

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM

i can not find so can help

Ads

On their front page it shows some of the place they get their info from, facebook, bebo, myspace, twitter, flickr, linkedin, and probably more. How they got your info is probably because your page is public and anyone can see your info and then somehow cross referenced it with other info to come up with what they have now. The only way to stop it would be to not have your info public, as in only friends can see it. And there's also the fact that even if you don't use said services anybody else could have easily sold your information to them, you may think it's not possible or even lawful but did you read every privacy policy and/or EULA (end user license agreement) for any service you might have used on the web or software on your computer?

I also found my info. If you look in their Privacy Policy under Information Collection and Use, you'll find a link to supposedly have you info deleted; (support@mylife.com).
Here's an email I sent them: "I have found this info on your site: (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )link omitted

I hereby request that you delete and make unavailable any and all info from your data files and those third parties whom you've shared it with.

In addition, please furnish me with the source(s) where you obtained this info."

Just sent it so don't know how or if they'll respond, but it's worth a try.

Lots of luck.