This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How was my facebook account hacked?
11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
How was my facebook account hacked?
I remember this one girl I don't really talk to asking where my mother was born on chat. I answered her since she needed it for school. After I answered her, I thought it was odd. I had a request sent for a new password texted to me a few hours after. I had to change everything. Now the person is on my account! Asking weird questions and talking sh*t to my friends! I am so embarrassed and confused.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM

Social Engineering will always be the best.
I guess be more careful in the future.
And use original questions ONLY YOU know and impossible to ask.
Like "What were you going to base the name of your mother's cat on when she was born" or something.
Answer: Color of the eyes
I almost see it:
"Hi!"
"Hi who are you?"
"I'm a girl you don't know"
"And?"
"I wanted to ask you"
"yes?"
"What were you going to base the name of your mother's cat on when she was born? I need it for an assignment".
"..."

Ads

1. Did you have a security question set up on facebook?

She could of tried to reset your password via facebooks forgot your password thing. If she hasn't changed the emails associated with your facebook then reset it by pressing forgotten your password and typing your email in. It will send you an email showing you how to reset it.

2. Has she hacked your email too?

If she's hacked your email, She would of pressed forgotten your password, and sent a reset email, then reset it herself. So regain control over your email account, then reset it. But as you said you got a text from them, you obviously had your phone number linked to your facebook, so reset it the same as I said before and it will send you another new password request, then simply reset it yourself. I'm not going to give you step by step instructions on how to reset your password, it's pretty straight forward.

To stop it happening again I suggest you change your security questions and this time keep the answers to them private. My facebook email is different to my msn and stuff and I have it hidden from everyone else, So if you do get your account back, make an email account JUST for facebook and keep it hidden from your friends.

If you don't get it back make a new account, report your old account, readd all your friends and tell them to delete the other account and that it got hacked, and apologize for any unusual messages they might of got from your old account.

Sorry if I sound blunt with you, I wrote this with a headache... Smile

if someone knows your mail(yahoo,gmail,hotmail,...) passwords,it could be easily hacked,stay aware