This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boyfriend and his sister are very close, am i over reacting?
11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
My boyfriend and his sister are very close, am i over reacting?
He's 18, she is 21. They text everyday or call. They share loads of jokes and he tells her quite private stuff. They have alot of pictures together on facebook. We were talking about the time he once went out and he wished she was there. Is this normal?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM

your sick! its his sister!

come on

Ads

calls everyday seem a bit odd , also if he doesn't do this with you as well then yes i would sit them down separately and have a talk .

Yes, actually, it is normal. They have a deep and healthy family love for each other. For you not to think this is normal actually says something about you and not them.

Its natural to feel protective over your boyfriend, and there'ss a lot of weird stuff happening these days. You're not weird to wonder, but I'm close to my brother, but we don't talk alll the time, if you feel "threatened" just say: I know you're close to your sister, but I want some of your attention too. Do it with a puppy dog face and he'll be okay ;D

Yeah, you have nothing to react to

Yes...don't be jealous! Maybe you could be jealous because you can never take the place of his sister? Just a thought.

that's a really disturbing thought...
he's just very close to his sister...hmmm this reminds me of that episode in Friends, where Rachel is dating Danny, but she gets really freaked out by how close he is to his sister, i'd be freaked out to if i saw siblings acting that way towards eachother!
if you find that it's really bothering you, then i guess you could always mention how they seem to have a "special bond". personally i would find that weird, but like i'm sure it's nothing.