This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would you feel about this?
11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
How would you feel about this?
My so called best friend lied to me or at least kept the truth from me about something really stupid. She said said she couldn't hang out because she had to work, later I read on her sisters facebook that they were going to a movie. How would you feel? Do I have a right to be mad?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM

yes you do the right yo be mad,

Ads

OK kool

Yes. But was it a family thing? At least it's better that she wasn't hanging out with "other friends". Hanging out with her sister is better.

No point being mad about this. It's really nothing serious. She has a right to spend time with her sister and you must understand that her sister is family and probably more important to her than a friend, which is the way it should be.

It is slightly sad that she couldn't just tell you the real reason she couldn't spend time with you, but maybe she thought you would be jealous (which it sounds like you are) and because she didn't want to make you upset she thought work sounded like a better "excuse".

If it really bothers you I would just casually mention that you know she went to the movies with her sister, and that it's no problem at all but you would have preferred her to tell you that rather than say she was working. Don't say this in an accusing way, just a friendly casual light-hearted way.

Then again maybe she really did think she had to work when she told you that, and then at the last minute her work shift got cancelled for some reason and so she decided to go to the movies with her sister.