This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do all of my contacts see my questions?
11-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Do all of my contacts see my questions?
Every time i get on yahoo i see my sisters updates from when she changed her profile on yahoo. I have never seen her post that she has asked a question on yahoo or answered one but my question is that when i ask a question or answer one on yahoo will she see that when she goes to her mail? is that considered an update? My questions are things that i don't really like my family seeing. If they can see it, is it only the people with yahoo accounts that can see it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM

Updates can be sent to Messenger contacts or shown on Pulse or numerous other sites.To stop updates from Answers go to My Activity>View Pulse>Settings>Manage updates. Uncheck "Share my updates" and Save at the bottom of the page. This will keep your Q&A off of Pulse and other Yahoo sites.

It is also possible to be connected to Facebook or Twitter. To check your settings there go to Manage my linked accounts (on your Pulse Manage Settings page).

If you are have contacts on Answers, then yes, they can view all of your Q&A on your profile (no matter what your privacy settings) and depending on their Privacy & Communications settings if they have you as a contact also (one of your fans) then they may receive emails telling them when you have asked a question.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply