This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some good science related quotes?
11-09-2012, 10:31 PM
What are some good science related quotes?
I am looking for a quote that is clean, for my facebook page. I don't care if the quote is funny, serious- but I want it to be a quote that my friends that aren't majoring in biology can still understand. It can be about just on aspect of science, like an atom- the only thing I don't want it to be about is evolution. Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM

"Science is awesome."

Ads

Iron is like an old man it gets there in the end.

Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another.-plato

Last night as I lay in bed looking at the stars I thought 'Where the hell is the ceiling

A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.

the only thing I don't want it to be about is evolution

Evolution is science, deal with it? --anon.

Had to do it Wink

"Physics is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting." -- Ernest Rutherford

It's lost a lot of it's meaning, though back when he was around, biology in particular was concerned simply with classifying animals (stamp collecting in essence).

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. ~Henry J. Tillman

In physics, you don't have to go around making trouble for yourself - nature does it for you. ~Frank Wilczek

Physics is geometric proof on steroids. ~S.A. Sachs
(So true)

You might get a kick out of some of these:

http://www.laughbreak.com/quotes/kids_on_science.html

“Ignorance is a train - you can pretend to understand what the rest of the world is about, but you'll always end up right where you expected. Science is a balloon - you let go and find out what happens.” - Collin Lysford

“The Ancients had no religion, but instead had what could be described as a deeper knowledge of reality, a science and religion that were both integrally combined into a way of life.” - Leif Ericsson Leo Veness

“Natural science will in time incorporate into itself the science of man, just as the science of man will incorporate into itself natural science: there will be one science.” - Karl Marx

“We're not out to damage science, ... We're out to make science more interesting. We think we're friends of science ? true science.” - Washburn

“There does not exist a category of science to which one can give the name applied science. There are science and the applications of science, bound together as the fruit of the tree which bears it.” - Louis Pasteur

“It is science alone that can solve the problems of hunger and poverty, of insanitation and illiteracy, of superstition and deadening of custom and tradition, of vast resources running to waste, or a rich country inhabited by starving poor... Who indeed could afford to ignore science today? At every turn we have to seek its aid... The future belongs to science and those who make friends with science.” - Jawaharlal Nehru

“The science which teacheth arts and handicrafts is merely science for the gaining of a living; but the science which teacheth deliverance from worldly existence, is not that the true science?” - Thomas Hobbes

“I know nothing of the science of astrology and I consider it to be a science, if it is a science, of doubtful value, to be severely left alone by those who have any faith in Providence” - Mahatma Gandhi

“Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.” - Henri Poincar

“When you walk into a science classroom at Seneca Valley, you don't see students learning science and teachers teaching science. You see scientists at work.” - Michelle Miller

“The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.” - Albert Einstein

“If there is any religion that could respond to the needs of modern science, it would be Buddhism.” - Albert Einstein

“Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.” - Oscar Wilde

“Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” - Oprah Winfrey

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny'” - Isaac Asimov

“Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it.” - Albert Einstein

“Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions.” - Oscar Wilde

Science cannot stop while ethics catches up - and nobody should expect scientists to do all the thinking for the country ~
Elvin Stackman