This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does it say anything if ex sent happy birthday text vs posting on my wall?
11-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Does it say anything if ex sent happy birthday text vs posting on my wall?
Most people, I'll wish happy birthday on their facebook wall, unless I'm close with them then I'll go see them or call them. Her and I have been broken up for a month today and hadn't previously had contact until that text.

She ended things and I'm pretty sure her bestfriend convinced her I wasn't a good guy for her. I miss her like crazy and want her back.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM

I wouldn't take it personally. She could have just been trying to be nice. Move on. You'll find someone who wants you enough to not let their friends talk them out of being with you. Good luck!

Ads

buy her something nice for her birthday flowers a bracelet and tell her you want to get together to give it to her and to talk and tell her how you still fell about her

I would say she does not want anybody to know that she wishes you a happy b day. she cares, but shes probably doing other things already. its just friendship... nothing else. wants no emotional-social link between you guys.

She probably still cares for you, and wants you to know she means it. You know, it's sort of a meningless thing to post on a wall. It's a little more personal, but don't think to much about it

I'm guessing your birthday was recently, so happy birthday. haha:]

Hi,
I do not want to give you false hope, but it at least means that she does not hate you. She may even be confused right now about weather the break-up was for the best. My advice to you would be to act as a friend and say Thank You. Baby steps at first. If you remember something that she likes to do, you could ask her to go. This would be something small and should not be a date. Don't talk about any current girls just in case she is still interested. Let her come to you, but make yourself available, knowing that she may only be wanting friendship.

I think you might be attaching too much importance to her texting you a happy birthday vs. posting it on your wall. If she isn't making any other special effort to contact you or be with you, then it was just a simple birthday wish, that's all.

Ah and a door opens text her back dude

She wants you both to be on good terms and this is the approach she took. It was subtle and nice on her part. So do not look too much into it.Send a thanks text back. This will open a door for her to text back. If she text back then she may want to be friends again. Take it from there and see how it goes.

It does take it bit more effort to text, but never assume things. Just react by saying "thanks, it's nice to hear from you" and casually start a conversation from there. Obviously the relationship has eroded quite a bit, but you can always start to carefully patch things up. Just don't move too quickly or be accusing of the best friend. In fact, winning over the friends should be one of the first priorities if at all possible.