This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I know it is dumb but I still need to ask if anyone out there has this problem so I?
11-09-2012, 10:32 PM
I know it is dumb but I still need to ask if anyone out there has this problem so I?
but need to ask anyway....do others out there get offended by spouses family members accepting husband's friend request on facebook and not yours? Would this bother you at all? Or would you just let it go? Please be honest. I want honest answers from mature people out there that can add an explanation why this happens or should I just let it go? If this has happened to you how did you handle it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:41 PM

sometimes i see my husbands' friends on FB, i might think 'i should add them.' but then i stop and wonder whether i'm actually friends with them, or if i just know them cause my husband does. Unless someone is YOUR friend, you shouldn't send them a request.

However, in laws should generally accept your requests too, if for no other reason than to make sure you and hubby can keep in touch with family members.

There are exceptions, for eg. if the inlaw is annoying. Or you just want to limit contact with them etc.

What would you gain from whinging to them about it? A family feud, or a reluctant add. Not worth it. let it go.

Ads

Well personally I do this because they might not know you as well I don't like adding someone until I've hung out with them a good bit or would like too. So in your case if it is your husband/wife's friend that they hang out with a lot lets say a football game or poker night type a deal. Then they don't really know you well enough to have you on Facebook in other words if you log on the chat and a friend of yours wife starts chatting to you it could cause trouble even though there was no harm done.

Sorry about so long just wanted to make the most sense possible.

I would say stay honest with yourself and take your life as it is.
You will try all your life to avoid troubles but there are times when you never did anything wrong when situtations turn against you.
Learn to trust yourself, you will know how to live.

Personally, I don't want to be "friends" with most of my husbands family....LOL
But many times people think "friending" one family member is enough, they don't need or want the same info coming from two people. I have many family members that I only have one (husband or wife), so I do not find this strange or something that I need to "let go". This falls in the "it's not important to my existence/happiness" file.

Just let it go, if you want to be their friend request it yourself, get offended if they reject it

Has not happened exactly like that, but I might find it slightly irksome, it kind of hints that they don't like me or do not consider me family. I wouldn't take offense since I really don't know what's going on, their reasoning, and it's just Facebook at the end of the day. I actually find it interesting, *I* have relatives on Facebook who accepted my husband's friend request and not mine....that to me is weird. I just let it go, I detest Facebook drama and I'm not about to stir some up myself.

I personally don't have online social network accounts, neither does my hubby. Yahoo is all that we do. This helps us to not to have to deal with this stress.

You're upset because your husband's family accepts his friend requests?

GROW UP.

my fiance was recently requested by his new BIL on FB - he accepted.his wife (my fiances sister) then requested him which he turned down.i suppose it depends on the reason.in our case,the sister is not even part of our life (she is a nasty,nasty person who has treated me terribly) and this was just another attempt to undermine my relationship with my fiance AND slander my character further.while my fiance accepted,the man in question does not get any of his updates,nor is he allowed to view his albums - these were my conditions for his acceptance of the request.if there isn't a feud - as in my case - then i have no explanation for this.you can either ask outright or just shrug and move on - its only FB