This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it okay to take this sim card out of my blackberry bold 9700?
11-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Is it okay to take this sim card out of my blackberry bold 9700?
I am out of the country and I took the sim card out to avoid extra charges if it were to turn on by accident.
when im back in the US and put the sim card in.. all my emails, facebook notifications, and bbmessenger chats and requests, etc...will i get them all?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:45 PM

Yes, removing your SIM does not affect the other data on your phone. So you can safely remove your SIM card.

If you are removing the card only to save on the roaming charges, check if your phone has an airplane mode. If you can put your phone in the airplane mode, then you can leave the SIM card in the phone and not worry about extra charges.

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:45 PM

You can still keep you Blackberry on in another country without being charged roaming charges by going to your options> mobile network> data services OFF while roaming.
Effectively turning off your data.

This way, you will not have to roam, but when you get back and switch on your data, you will receive all your notifications.