This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have 49 relatives waiting for me to connect on facebook,How can I do this without having to talk?
11-09-2012, 10:39 PM
I have 49 relatives waiting for me to connect on facebook,How can I do this without having to talk?
I can't sit for a long time at the computer talking to everybody.I'd rather just allow them to connect then leave site without having to communicate.I'm just not that into Facebook.
In the begining I thought it was a good thing but now it has way too many "knick-knacks"or tagging games or what ever you call them.Applications.I don't have time to play games.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:48 PM

Do like I do! Just friend them and move on.

Ads

If you're not "into" Facebook, why do you have an account? Just tell your relatives you are no longer on Facebook

There are a couple of things you can do. Firstly go offline on Facebook chat and then you can also hide your wall (account >privacy settings >profile information >allow friends to post on my wall (scroll down to bottom) >untick friends can post on my wall)

I'm not sure if this is the answer you want but hope it is. I have the same problem, I have a Facebook, don't go on it often but accept requests but I don't like talking on it, even though they can still contact you you shouldn't get as many of them trying to talk to you & even if you do get a message every now & then you can reply to it when you like because no one will know when you last went online Smile

EDIT: For the applications, if you click on view all you can either 'ignore all' (right hand side near the top) ignore all invitations from a certain friend or block the application (both under the option to accept or ignore) It's probably worth going through and choosing the 'ignore all invitations from this friend' option, it soon won't be bugging you then but ignoring all is the easiest, only takes 2 secs.

Accept their friend requests, then ignore any app requests. If you don't want to chat with them, just appear offline in the chat box.