This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does facebook know what friends to put on your front page?
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
How does facebook know what friends to put on your front page?
there's always like 10 of so friends on your wall and it usually is the same ones or close to the same ones. what determines this?
Basically its when you click on a person's profile and you look at their wall, it shows about 10 friends on the left of the screen. I was just wondering how it determines those friends.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:48 PM

according to facebook:

Friends who you publicly interact with the most appear first on your profile. Examples of public interactions include Wall posts, comments and mutually attended events — Facebook will never show friends based on whose profiles you choose to view or who you interact with over messages and chat.

Ads

you mean on your news feed?
i think its to do with who's profile/pictures you look at the most. the other day i looked at one of my friends profiles who i hadnt in a while, and suddenly the news feed started putting their status updates and stuff more often. kind of creepy, but it also makes more sense

Yes. I think it goes based on who you facebook stalk/talk to the most. For example,this one guy I facebook stalk all the time,ANYTHING he posts goes directly to my top news feed. It's weird ha ha.