This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just signed up to Twitter and I'm not understanding it!!?
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Just signed up to Twitter and I'm not understanding it!!?
Please don't send me any links, I need simplicity, I'm rubbish when it comes to technology

So what does @ and # mean?

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:51 PM

Save yourself while you can, Twitter is f*cking homo.

Ads

You might have seen @whats your username means that the tweets which are like small messages to tell friends rather typing whole of article which posted by you on twitter websites through your account.

And # must be at right hand of the screen below @ thing that you are talking about.It is about featured communities and there own twitter account.They are like highlighted by twitter like any ads on facebook.Ok.. don't worry you will learn it fast.

Only join Twitter if you like to talk and listen at the same time Smile

Use the search bar and the trending topics to find people who share similar interests with you, and then start a conversation with them (you talk to somebody by typing the @ sign and then typing their username, for example: I am @ChuckieRoberts)

# is a hash tag, you use these to mark that you are talking about certain things. Using a hashtag will allow people to find your Tweet easier. (e.g. #imhungry, or #WTF etc).

Twitter is more than simple if you are willing to give it a chance, when you have spoken to somebody, ask them if they would like to follow you, and then if they say yes. If you both do this, you will share an insight into each others lives for as long as you are following each other.

Feel free to hit my Twitter up, i'll be happy to help you with whatever you need to know Smile

(can anybody help with mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...845AATofdt Smile )