This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who did you let in the delivery room?
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Who did you let in the delivery room?
My best friend/co-worker & her husband are fighting about who is going to be in the delivery room with them. They have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years. Chances are the baby will be born c-section.
He wants his mom in the delivery room with them. (her mother has passed away) My friend is very against it.(her mother in law is very cell phone & facebook crazy also) She was taking a poll at work today about who you let let in the delivery room with them...

WHO DID YOU LET IN THE DELIVERY ROOM?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:51 PM

If she's having a C-Section then the ONLY person that will be allowed in will be the father, if for some reason he's not available for whatever reason then 1 other family member can be present. They only allowed my husband to be present for my C as its major surgery and a crowded room, so to speak

When I had my VBAC deliveries it was myself and husband only. My thought was that we created this life during a *private moment* between us and felt that the delivery should also be a *private moment* between just us, as well as medical staff of course.

Ads

If you having c-section i don't think any 1 allowed to be in the room, if you having a natural birth you can have your partner with you it's really up to you who you want there.

With both of my births, and my next in April - I had/will have my husband and my midwives. I think of it as a private, bonding experience.

I havent been to the delivery room yet (7 weeks preggo) but I already have it planned on who is going to be in there. I choose my fiance and my midwife. It honestly should be completely up to the woman who is in labor because she needs to feel comfortable when giving birth, not worried about certain people in the room. My mom wants to be in the room, but I told her I wanted it to be a special moment between me and my fiance, and she understands.

Only one family member is allowed in for a C-section, so that will solve their problem.

I had a natural delivery and only let my husband in. Everyone else was allowed in when baby and I were cleaned up and resting comfortably together.

With my first child, my mom and sister were the only ones in the room (besides doctor and nurses of course) when I gave birth. My dad was also there but stayed in the waiting room most of the time lol. My ex was not in our lives anymore. With my second, my husband was there the whole time along with his brother's ex girlfriend who we had become close with. She stepped out when it came time to deliver.

My fiance, the people who were delivering my child, and a medical student.

Only my husband and I really didn't even want him in there LOL!

Only the father can be in there with her if she is having a c-section. If she does not have a c-section tell him to go screw him self I am not having your mom look at my crotch lol! My husbands mother passed away but there is no way that she would be in there with me, it is so uncomfortable to have some one in there you do not want in there, it makes your labor last longer because you can't relax.

Tell her to tell him that she respects his opinion but she is truly not comfortable being all sprawled out and his mother being right there. It is not his body so he has no pull in this event, sorry bud.

My Husband, My Mother (not by choice she forced her self in >_<) and my father (got stuck LOL) were in there.
My second my husband and mom (again making her self known) were in there.
This time I am going to stab my mom if she does it again lol.

Tell her that it is her comfort that needs to be in consideration, and again if she is having a c-section the mother in law can not be in there. So she is in luck if she does have a c section

Why does he want his mom in there anyways? He doesn't need support his wife does, tell him to grow up and get over it. Stop fighting with his pregnant wife he will not win this one.