This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good quote from lord of the rings?
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
What is a good quote from lord of the rings?
I am wanting to get a quote tattooed vertically on my ribs. It's going to be in elven to keep the theme together. please send your favorit quotes Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM

"the..."

Ads

My precious!!! Big Grin

"And in the end, its only a passing thing, this shadow." - Samwise

"I would have gone with you to the end Frodo, into the very fires of Mordor it self."- Aragorn

"The road goes ever on and on"- Bilbo

And another favorite of mine."NOT THE BEARD!!!"- Gimili

"If you can't come up with something original on your own, you shouldn't be getting a tattoo."

Because of the nature of elven script, you really can't get it vertically down your side unless you put it sideways.

"Not all those who wander are lost"....there are translators that will take the english characters and spell out the words in Tengwar letters.....there aren't always words in elvish for what you're using...

'A light from the shadows shall spring' - A quote from both the book and the movie if you swing that way lol.

'My precious'
'One does not simply walk into mordor'
'Great! Where are we going?'
'You shall not pass!' Big Grin
'Fly, you fools'

QUOTES FROM THE BOOK 'THE LORD OF THE RINGS':
"The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out." -Gildor

"...But when the great fall, the less must lead." -Aragorn

"Short cuts make long delays..." -Pippin ( proverb)

"The time of my thought is my own to spend." -Dain

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish." -Sam (gaffer saying)

"A pawn did Gandalf say? Perhaps; but on the wrong chessboard." -Pippin's thoughts on his unseaming role at the upcoming battle at Minis Tirith

"Well, let us go on. My legs must forget the miles. They would be more willing, if my heart were less heavy." -Gimli

"My name is growing all the time, and I've lived a very long, long time; so my name is like a story." -Treebeard

"The world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them." - the Warden to Lady Eowyn

"Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life."
"Even the wise cannot see all ends." -Frodo thinking to himself about Gollum

"...This quest may be attempted by the weak with as much hope as the strong. Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." -Elrond

"Certainly I looked for no such friendship as you have shown. To have found it turns evil to great good." -Frodo to Faramir

"It is only the deep breath before the plunge." -Beregond to Pippin on the coming battle at Minis Tirith

"But there is much to read in that book, and I cannot claim to have seen more than a page or two. -Pippin

"One Ring to rule them, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

"Go not to Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes." -Forodo (proverb)

"...Whether they've made the land, or the land's made them, it's hard to say" - Sam

"Wonderful folk, Elves, sir! Wonderful!" -Sam

THESE ARE LONGER QUOTES: I have shown part (if too long) or all just in case you like a single line from one of them. For FULL versions of the quotes/poems/songs, follow this link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/574826456...660340609/

"For still there are so many things that I have never seen" -Bilbo (song - many more beautiful verses)
"Before the dawn he went awayon journey long without word." -Frodo (song - many more beautiful verses)

"Good night, my friends! Sleep in peace! Do not trouble your hearts overmuch with thought of the road tonight. Maybe the paths that you each shall tread are already laid before your feet, though you do not see them. Good night!" -Galadriel

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king." -Gandalf (proverb)

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say." -Frodo

IF YOU LOVE HORSES:
"They love their horses next to their kin." -Boromir

"...and there were wings upon the feet of his steed, Felarof, father of horses."-Aragorn

QUOTES FROM THE BOOK 'THE SILMARILLION'

"...for those who will defend authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel."

" 'Many are the strange chances of the world, and help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter." - Mithrandir

QUOTE BY TOLKIEN IN THE INTRO TO LOTR:
".....It is perhaps not possible in a long tale to please everybody at all points, nor to displease everybody at the same points..."J.R.R. Tolkien