This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it bad to have facebook ?
11-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Is it bad to have facebook ?
I am 13 years old and my parents dont let me have facebook. They say that is not good to have facebook . Is it really bad to have facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:54 PM

it's fine as long as you know all the friends you have on there in real life

Ads

It is not bad to have a Facebook. Just only be friends with people you know and don't post things you don't want other people to see.

no its not bad to have a facebook as long you watch who your friends are and only add people to your page you know. you shouldnt have any problems

NO wayy. Lol I got it when I was 12, so yeah my dad had it first before I got it so he knew what he was letting me do. I think it's way better then email! Just dont accept random friend requests and it's comepletely safe.

It's okay if its just you and your friends communicate.

Yes and No
Yes because I am honestly addicted to it and have to check it every half an hour, I go on facebook instead of doing schoolwork

No because its a free way to stay in touch with your friends.

Maybe ask them for a compromise, say an hour a day or so then it won't interfere with your schoolwork. Reassure them that you can set you account to high security, where only your friends can access your account. Suggest that they get an account so they can keep an eye on you if they are worried.

it depends upon your friend list as to what you might be exposed to
13 is the minimum age for FB
your parents are worried about potential harm coming to you thru FB, and well founded.
Some people might get your address & phone numbers that might not be honest and loving persons
Listen to your parents as they love and want you safe

No it's not bad to be on Facebook. Once you don't accept strangers or give personal information to strangers you should be safe. Facebook does have a tendency for being addictive and many people like myself, waste too much valuable time on it. (I stopped going on it so much now, I have seen negative consequences of being addicted!) There are lots of games applications which I love. You can find out about your favourite things through Groups and Fan pages. Connecting with friends and family, sharing photos and letting everyone know what you're up to is fun Smile
Facebook is like a must nowadays. So many people and companies know and take advantage of its usefulness. And all other social networking sites ain't got nothing on it!

It's not really bad to have a Facebook but bad things can come from getting an account. It can become addicting and take up tons of time that you could be spending on other better things. Make sure you limit your time on there every day. Another thing I'd recommend is don't just add people you barely know or don't know because you have some mutual friends with them, it can be dangerous to do that and honestly, Facebook is more fun when you have less friends on there.