This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I jealous because I'm upset that my boyfriend is hanging out with his ex?
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Am I jealous because I'm upset that my boyfriend is hanging out with his ex?
I've been sick the last few days so I guess my boyfriend got bored. Today he offered to take his ex girlfriend to the movies on facebook for all of our friends to see. He sees no problem here. He claims they are just friends and that he was just really bored because I have been unavailable. Am I the jealous type for being upset over this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM

I can see why you're jealous.

But then again, me and my ex's have stayed very close, and I hang out with them all the time, even though I have an amazing boyfriend. So I see where he's coming from.

Ads

You have every right to be upset. It is totally wrong to take out his ex to the movies. Does he have any sense of right and wrong? To ask on facebook for all to see? That's something alright. They may be friends but this has crossed some boundries.

I'm going to say it right up front, this is not okay. Which is strange for me to say. I'm all about friendships and being open minded, I'm definitely not what you would call the jealous type. However, taking the ex to the movies; yikes! Something is up there! It seems too fishy! I don't want to instigate a fight, but you are in desperate need of a one-on-one conversation w/ your beau. &, you know, don't start off by yelling about cheating and flying off the handle. Right now, I recommend staying calm & clear, and explaining how you feel about the situation and how it kind of hurt you. If he cares about you he will listen and take heed of what you have to say.
Yeah, I sincerely wish you the best of luckSmile

I think you have every right to be upset. My fiancee & I would never allow this in our reltionship. If he or I are sick, we TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER & we will stay home and watch a movie together. However, if you don't set boundaries in your relationship, things like this happen. Keep in mind that some couples have no problem with hanging out w/ their exes. (He did cross the line in my opinion).

Normally i would answer a question like this saying "nah exs can be friends for sure and it not be suss" but im sorry to say but him saying he is "really bored because you are unavailable" is a MASSIVE red alert. If ur sick he should be hanging out with the boys or trying to keep you company and bringing you soup lol trust me he would come to your rescue if he really cared.
He is definitely crossing a boundary so be cautious but dont be obsessive because that will push him further away and closer to his ex.

Your stupid "Chester the molestor" didn't leave his real number... Why would i do that? It's somebody elses number lol