This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get my friend noticed?
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
How can I get my friend noticed?
A close friend of mine is an amazing singer, and gorgeous. She's really interested in either getting somewhere with her singing or being noticed as a model. Does anyone know any helpful auditions/websites/etc. I could post her singing or pictures to help jump-start something for her? She's not into the whole pageant thing... All so, what are some places where I can build her a website? Nothing like myspace or facebook, please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM

idk. but my friend just got an audition for either dancing singing acting or modeling and shes going for everything besides for dancing. maybe go on google.com and type in newface. cuz i think thats the name of the audition ppl or something...

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:58 PM

For singing, set up a page on Myspace with her music and create a Youtube channel with her singing. Why not Myspace? Do you know how many people have been discovered there - including Lily Allen and Arctic Monkeys who are both hugely successful. If she's not doing so already, she should sing in school choir, church choir, audition for school musicals, participate in every school or town/county talent show. Look for open mic nights at local music venues. Audition for American Idol/Americas Got Talent no matter how far away the auditions are. She will need to pay for studio time and record a demo CD that she sends out to every label that represents her type of music. If she's a pop or R&B singer, she's not going to target country or hip-hop labels, for example. Whenver she has a gig, no matter how small, send a postcard out to every label in your region and invite them to see the show. Every label has A&R people who do nothing but visiting small clubs looking for new artists with potential.