This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HHave you seen the 'Facebook parenting for the troubled teen' video? What do you think of it?
11-09-2012, 11:42 PM
HHave you seen the 'Facebook parenting for the troubled teen' video? What do you think of it?
If not, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRid...r_embedded

I know opinions are likely to vary here, so I'd like to know what you all thought of the father's actions and whether the daughter deserved it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM

Funny stuff. She deserved it alright. Only thing that bugged me about that video was he didn't use more bullets, and he stuttered.

Ads

Ha, funny stuff

If his girl is going to be that much of a bitch about it, well she deserved it.

I don't know about the shooting the laptop bit, why waste a perfectly good laptop!!!

The daughter does not deserve all that he is putting her through. She has suffered far too much worldwide public humiliation for what she did. He made private an embarrassing video of himself named T-t-tommy and Tom, that shows him drunk and kissing a guy, so he does know how to make a video private. He can now do the same with the video shaming his daughter, but now that it has ads on it, I believe he is just using it to make money. I think he needs to acquire better parenting skills. There is an "if" "then" scenario that a parent will use to discipline their kids. "If" you do this, "then" I will do that. A parent has to be careful when they choose what the 'then' is. 'Put a bullet through your laptop' is not a good "then". The only lesson he taught her is that it’s okay to destroy possessions if you are upset. The point of discipline is to modify a behavior. I'm still unclear what behavior he is trying to modify. He shot the laptop because she publicly complained and cursed on the internet about the amount of chores that she has to do. So as a punishment he publicly complained and cursed on the internet, about her publicly complaining and cursing on the internet. Children model their parents’ behavior. He needs to understand that by having his Facebook wall open to the public and posting YouTube videos that disclose where he lives, works, goes to church, and where his daughter attends school, it can put his family in danger. That is the worst part of his "discipline" of his daughter. He has no idea at all who has watched his videos and read his wall. Parenting is also about keeping your child safe.