This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I make myself feel better without resorting to cutting again?
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
How can I make myself feel better without resorting to cutting again?
I live in a dorm, and am in my first year of college.
Everything was perfect.
But a few days ago, my boyfriend dumped me.
He won't talk to me.
Everyone in the dorm now hates me and talk about me behind my back and put things on facebook.
I'm hundreds of miles from home, with exams in a week and lonely and depressed. I cut for a while, but the scars are hard to hide.
What can I do to make this easier to deal with?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM

When I was in a situation that stressed me to he-ll and I couldn't talk to anyone I wrote it all down.
If you are an organized routine type person then I would recommend a journal to get all the bad thoughts out of your head. What worked for me was writing tons of poetry.

*hugs* The bad things will pass... Just stay strong.

Ads

I'm so sorry. Just don't let them get to you!!!! Eff your boyfriend. And why would they hate you? Show them that your strong and confront those beezys !! Begin a journal express your feelings ! Go out to the library study when ever you wana cut think of good memories or just walk away from the sharp objects. Consult a friend that's trustworthy!!

First off, stop cutting yourself cause what the hell do u accomplish while doing that?
Secondly, u need understand that break ups happen. It's not the end of the world. Life will keep going on and you'll meet someone who's perfect for you.
Thirdly, ask why they hate you. And if they don't tell u then make new friends. U shouldn't care if other people hate u cause not everyones gonna like u. It's just their opinion.

In some ways, I can relate. I used to cut myself also. I went through a bad break up and it only made me feel worse. You don't need to rely on a boyfriend. Rely on God. I've found that He is the only one that will never leave me or abandon me. Praying brings a sense of relief that cutting never gave me. Try to find someone, a trustworthy friend, to talk to. If you can't find anyone, just write about how you're feeling. Sometimes writing will get your mind off cutting.