This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does facebook make anyone else depressed?
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Does facebook make anyone else depressed?
I recently got a facebook and I may delete it. People just seem to have perfect lives. I see people with opportunities I've always wanted but can't have as a single mom. And I see happy in tact families and I'm always reminded my child's father is not in his life. I've never considered myself a jealous person but this is getting me depressed. Anyone else feel this way?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:00 AM

Most of this is fake. Everyone wants to seem perfect; lies are not rare in our society. But I agree, when I deleted my Facebook I felt free, like a huge weight had lifted off my shoulders, and I didn't have to worry about who was doing what anymore.

Ads

You have to read between the lines.

Obviously on a mostly-public website, a person is only going to put their very best foot forward.

As well, if you read the fine print, Facebook reserves the right to retain all data and media you upload to the website. This is the move of the MBAs involved, who KNEW that the option to recall a membership that you terminated would be even DOUBLE as likely to happen if everything were to pick up where you left off. Afterall, when you delete your account your "friends" can't delete you.

I always liked MySpace more. It was just as scandalous, but it was lighthearted, and adding someone you don't know wasn't as unheard of... and to me that is the ONLY reason why a person would spend so much time online on "social" networking...

Think outside of the box. What if the most seemingly "glamorous" profiles are meant to hide very dark, sinister and failure-prone lives?

Afterall, they say that the guys who have the biggest wheels on their trucks are the least manly... perhaps squealing at high-pitch if a mouse runs across the kitchen.

Life itself is full of information, most of which lends a great depth of detail into the truth and explanation of a matter...

We all have a built-in microscope: Our brain. Let it discern.

I quit Facebook because of privacy issues, and the fact that some of my political topic posts were being censored. I tried a few other social networks, and found a home at Enukee.com. It is a new site, only about a month and a half old. I love it there.