This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should The Government Have So Much Control Over Our Privacy?
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Should The Government Have So Much Control Over Our Privacy?
As Far As this question goes i would just like to know some information about this i'm writing an essay and need some evidence of people who think they should have control and shouldn't and elaborating on it would be nice
okay some of you are saying i need to be more specific well im saying things like Internet searches
and enforcing laws the way the do brutal and all
and also things like making decisions for us the people) without including us

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM

No. Personal freedom, personal responsibility.

Ads

Well we can vote people in government out but we can`t vote CEOs out when we gets our information sold.

Who else if not the government should have control?

If you're asking is too easy for the government to invade your privacy I think not. For the most part only people with something to hide worry about government surveillance. As far as I'm concerned I would love to see it become easier for the government to search and wiretap suspected criminals and terrorists.

I suspect most people who think that the government's "control" over our privacy is excessive are more than likely somewhat paranoid. I doubt that the government is interested in the average Joe Sixpack.

I think right now there is this real trend to be anti government everything. And were there are places we could have less government. But some people are taking things too far with out remembering what the point of government is there for. Its like tattoos are cool, but putting one on your face in your early 20’s is not the best idea because you have not thought about the life long consequences that body art is going to have on your future income potential. Our government is here to serve the people. That is why we vote them in and vote them out when we do not like what they are doing. They are here to create laws and protect the best interests of the people they serve.

We can not have things both ways. We can’t say in one breath that government should not have any say in our privacy… but then demand law to be instated to insure and protect our privacy. That’s a contradiction in ideas.

Your question is very open ended and can go in several directions it would be helpful if you could narrow it down a little. Are we talking about identity laws? Internet searches, unlawful wire taps? Tracking devices? Medical records? Privacy runs the gamut.

In a perfect world their would be no need for guards, laws, oversight, or protections everyone would do what is right. But we do not live in that kind of world. Corporations do what ever they can to make money. And individuals are out for their own best interest.

We are already willingly giving up so much of our own privacy with out thinking of the consequences. Facebook, twitter, phone that track your every move, even progressive car insurance wants to put a camera in your car to give you a good driver discount ( more like look for excuses to charge you more money because you took your hand off the wheel to scratch your nose) But what happened when someone uses that information against us? We are going to want the law ( government) to step in and offer us some kind of protection or resolutions. I think there needs to be a balance and someone who is looking at the whole picture while we get caught up in the coolness of what is new. And that is why we elect a government. They are the guy who when you are at the tattoo place says wait, you want to be a doctor lets think about this, and is checking to make sure the needles are clean ,so that if you do go through with it you don’t end up with some kind of disease. They did not stop you he just wanted to to slow down, think about it and then made sure what you did was safe.

you need to be more specific about which control you are concerned about