This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this plagarism? Using dearblankpleaseblank on twitter...?
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Is this plagarism? Using dearblankpleaseblank on twitter...?
So I want to make a twitter account. In the description, I would put "this content is from these websites: ". So would it be plagarism if the only content I used was stuff from dearblankpleaseblank.com, grouchyrabbit.com, iwastesomuchtime.com and weheartit.com ? Or would it be legal? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM

It is still copyright infringement unless you have written permission. For example, DearBlankPlease states that " EVERYTHING WITHIN A MILLION PIXEL RADIUS OF HERE, COPYRIGHT © DEARBLANKPLEASEBLANK.COM " See http://dearblankpleaseblank.com/terms_privacy.php
BUT: in the case of DearBlankPlease, they give you that permission in their "Terms of Privacy". ("You are free to share the submissions via Twitter") You will need to check if the others give you permission as well.

Ads

11-10-2012, 12:10 AM

To check it out fully you would need to review the terms and agreements for the sites that you want to take content from. I assume you would be citing them and not claiming the content is your original work. Looking over the twitter rules, it looks like they would not disapprove of it.

In the whole spirit of Web 2.0 I would think this is OK. You are driving traffic back to the original sites by including their website as a citation, which is good for them, and you are exposing them to users they might not otherwise be exposed to. If you are charging people, they may want to be paid. In fact on dearblank it states: "You are free to share the submissions via Twitter, Facebook, your blog that no one except your mom consistently reads, email, and what have you... But don't sell it."