This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can you do if someone online is stealing pictures of your baby?
10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
What can you do if someone online is stealing pictures of your baby?
As in, I have a toddler, and I have a few websites with pictures of her (flickr, facebook & twitter) meant for friends and friends of friends so they're all pretty open. I found a fake facebook of pictures of my daughter and some girl (I presume is also fake) pretending to be her mom, I found 2 fake formsprings, one with someone pretending be me answering fake questions of her (giving her a false middle name etc) and a formspring of just her photo and someone speaking Portuguese?

One of the formsprings is very rude. They answer questions from anonymous questions saying this like I'm a ho*, as if they knew me and hated me (but I don't really have any enemies) the person then replies "ho*? music to my ears" and a lot of other disturbing things. I think it might be the same person asking themselves questions.. I reported them A BUNCH of times to formspring and they haven't done ANYTHING.
Many people post pictures of their kids online, this doesn't happen often enough for me to have seen it coming. None of my friends have had this problem.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 11:50 PM

You can report pictures and comments to face book. Look at the bottom of the page or the left side, they make it hard to find the link to report abuse, but it is there. Also click the help if you cannot find and ask your question and they will tell you where the link is. You can also restrict your photos to only your friends in the profile setup.

Good Luck
Mark
http://www.painlesschildbirth.com

Ads

This is going to come as a total shock but the one sure fire why to keep this from happening......STOP POSTING PICTURES OF YOUR TODDLER ONLINE! Do you REALLY need a caution tag warning you the coffee is too hot, or can you feel it when you pick the styrofoam cup? Christ, does anyone know how to take responsibility for their own shortcomings anymore? When YOU put anything on the internet it becomes available for public consumption; anyone can do anything they feel bold enough to do with it.

Easy. Do not post any more pictures of your child.

This is exactly the reason why i do not have any pictures of my children on my facebook page or any other social networking page. Once you have them up, no matter what the privacy laws, people can right click on your picture, then click save as, then suddenly that picture is theirs also.

You can try reporting these people. I'm not sure how far it will get you, but if they've done it to you then they certainly will have done it to someone else, so perhaps it's worth a try.

My suggestion would be to call everyone you know who has access or has copies of pictures of your daughter, and ask them to kindly remove them. She is your daughter, your property, and if you have genuine concerns, then your friends/relatives should not have a problem with removing the pics.

Once the pictures are on the net they're basically a free-for-all. Why do you think celebs have a hard time stopping sites publishing nude pics of them? Sorry. Lesson learned though, keep ALL your info private.

Contact the police. That is forging someone(in this case, yours) identity, and a minor identity. You have EVERY right to put pictures of your kids online for friends and family to see, nothing wrong with it. Its the person whos creepy enough to do this fault. Screenshot everything with the false identity, print everything off, and bring it to the police. The police will get rid of what they can, and charge whoever this person is.

Keep clicking report abuse on the page...and if it gives u options click the worse one....have u asked any of them why they took them? Or find a way to email the owner or some one who looks after the site...
Dont listen to any one saying dont post pics of ur baby...iv got a gazillion on facebook of mine lol
Oh and change the security settings on ur pages so that only YOUR friends can see them not your friends friend.so that stops it happning anymore
Or is there a make a complaint part on ur pages?try that.
Also write these peoples names down and do a "post to all" message saying these people have stollen ur fotoz and that the baby belongs to you not them etc.

Hope u fix it! Message me and let me know please...