This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What twitter is for and do you find it useful ?
11-10-2012, 12:16 AM
What twitter is for and do you find it useful ?
Do you use it ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM

Twitter is a social networking site to communicate with others all around the world. You can tweet people, or send messages to them. Also, you can send DMs or Direct Messages, like Private Messages if the person is following you (you can only DM people who are following you). You can "follow" people like adding them, or subscribing to them to get their updates on your timeline. The more followers one has, the more popular that person is on twitter. People usually tweet/post just to get what's on their mind OFF of their mind or anything. And no, no one tweets stuff like "on the toilet" or anything. People say what they're doing WAY MORE on FACEBOOK than they do on TWITTER. It's good to use to get news and such. I usually find out about a lot of stuff from twitter, because celebrities tweet a lot and they have a lot of followers, so a lot of people know what they're saying. Also, there are TT's or Trending Topics, like what people are tweeting a lot and what's popular. And a hashtag, or the # sign with words after it (like #swag) is just like bolding something or italicizing or just a little tag like on youtube. I don't know why people do it on facebook, because clearly twitter is better than facebook...

Yes, I use it. (: http://www.twitter.com/lemonadachick

Ads

11-10-2012, 12:24 AM

I have this dull. I like Facebook most as it does have chat option.