This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I convince my parents to let me have Facebook?
11-10-2012, 12:19 AM
How can I convince my parents to let me have Facebook?
I am 13 almost 14 and recently one of my closest friends got a Facebook account. Basically before this she was the only one who didn't have Facebook like me and now she does i guess I'm kinda left out! and i don't want it to do the wrong things. i just want to fit in. I asked my mum last week and she said she would think about it. I think she has forgotten so I'm not sure how to bring up the convo again? Pls help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:28 AM

You aren't missing out on anything other than privacy rape and spam from Farmville. It will do nothing for your social life.

Wait until its hip to not own an FB account LOLOL.

Ads

Just say "hey mom, have you thought about letting me get a Facebook? I want to be able to keep up with all my friends" And if that doesn't work, just do it when she's not home. Lol

Hypnotize them.
~

Change your first name on it? Put it on private? Or just make a twitter. I've lost at least 7 of my closes friends through their, still have mine. Hope it helps :]

I don't want to be a bad influence, but why not just do it? =)) Back when LiveJournal was in, I wanted one too but my parents didn't want me to join social networks (LiveJournal would be my first social networking site) but I just joined and now I have so many, my parents don't care. Smile)

Anyway, if that doesn't work, just remind her. Steer the conversation like let's say. "Oh, my friends have Facebook, do you remember that last time you said you'd think about it? What do you say?" If she still says no, then tell her about all the great features of Facebook. Is she worried that there will be stalkers? Tell her you'll put EVERYTHING in private and won't accept friend requests from random people. Is she worried that you might get addicted to it? (I know I was). Tell her that you promise to set a time limit and do your HW first before going online. There are solutions to whatever problems or concerns she may have, just ask!

Good luck! Smile