This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happens to facebook accounts of the deceased?
11-10-2012, 12:20 AM
What happens to facebook accounts of the deceased?
Many folks are on Face Book as was my bro who passed away a few years ago. His profile is there and now and then I see his photo on the side 'maybe you know...' he is not on my friends list as I started FB after he passed, It is not disturbing but unsettling. Anyone have suggestions on what to do- should I request it be deleted can i simply block him. Any ideas out there?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:28 AM

YEAH!!! Just email Facebook to say that my bro's dead and passed away a few yrs ago, and so therefore it's not in use. Use ya bloody head!!! And while you're at it, Go get a life!!!

Ads

11-10-2012, 12:28 AM

This is a common occurrence. Many relatives like to leave the account up there so that friends and relatives have something to remind them of the loved one who has passed away. As you know many people leave messages of sympathy on the facebook pages and they can be a good outlet for them to express their emotions. You can take the page down yourself if you choose to do so (assuming you have the login details) or you can contact facebook and request that it be taken down. They will contact you for more information.