This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to find a simple netbook for mom?
11-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Trying to find a simple netbook for mom?
I am trying to find a simple netbook for my mother for her birthday. All of us kids will be out of the house this year, off to college and across the country. We wanted to get her a netbook so she can use Skype and facebook to keep in touch. So it will need to have a webcam. Any suggestions on which one would be the best?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:33 AM

u could just get one at walmart for about 300 and it should have a web cam

Ads

Most netbooks have almost identical configurations. Personally, I use an Acer Aspire One and have had no problems with it what so ever. I carry it with me almost everywhere and a lot of times you can find me surfing the net or working on a project in a coffee shop or anywhere that has WIFI access. I have upgraded mine quite a bit, but even when I had a 3 cell battery in it I could get 3 1/2 to almost 4 hours just on the battery using Win7. My advice, netbooks are pretty equal. The things I have done to mine are just because of the geeky nerdy side of me. Truth is, performance was already good before I added my bells and whistles. Acer, ASUS, HP, Toshiba are all good choices.

Size: Netbook - Notebook - Laptop

A notebook would be the better choice. Netbooks are nice to have. You can get eye strain and wrist strain trying to use it all the time. I have the Dell Mini 10 Netbook because I use it when I am mobile and working on computers, but recommend the Acer Netbook.

Try not to buy any with a webcam built in. If your webcam breaks or doesn't work properly, she will have to send the whole system in.

http://www.newegg.com is the best priced place on the internet I was able to find so far.

DONT GO WITH ACER! Their warentee does not cover the LCD screen and the screen is VERY fragile and can often break for no reason.