This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my boyfriend treat me differently in front of his friends?
10-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Why does my boyfriend treat me differently in front of his friends?
My boyfriend treats me like a princess when it's just me and him, he buys me things, tells me how much he loves me, acts all goofy and cute with me.. it's like we're not only boyfriend and girlfriend, it's like we're also best friends. I love him greatly..
But when he's infront of his friends, or mainly on social networking sites, he acts different from me, he kind of insults me, trys to make me seem stupid and shrugs off anything nice I say around him. If he's out with his friends he'll ignore me, and he'll pick up his friends habits too.
It seems like he thinks he's too 'cool' to be nice to be a gentleman infront of his friends.

** Once, his friend said "Guys who are soppy and cute on Facebook or Twitter make me sick"
So, I'm guessing it's his influence too.

Please help guys Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 12:11 AM

He's afraid he'll embarrass himself in front of his friends. The last thing he wants his "friends" to know is that he's got feelings for you.Talk to him about it and tell him your concerns.

Ads

Well i know if he keeps that up your not going to stand for it , It's a stupid things guys do all they think about is what their friend think of them or they are the ones that rally don't GAS. Oh yeah when they are alone with you they talk nice to you so you will do stuff for them pamper them. Dod you know if a BF brings his GF a rose or a flower they get dinner ,back rubs anything they want .
You should say something when he smart butts you in front of his friends like" Hey why you acting stupid when you were just being all soppy when we were alone " When he make you look dumb tell him if he can't act like a genrlemann then there is no reason for me to hang around." SOmetime syou have to bring a jolt to their big heads!

Yeah it's true no need to do all that stuff on facebook etc

He is behaving like this because he wants to show his love only to u and do not want to show to others. This may be because he wants to show as a matured man to his friends. A matured man will not cuddle with his gf all the time. He is teasing you on fb and twitter because he simply loves playing around with you. Think if this might be case because you know him better.

He is ashamed probably