This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why is AVG saying facebook has a trojan horse?
11-10-2012, 12:28 AM
why is AVG saying facebook has a trojan horse?
every time i go to facebook firefox closes the page and it says avg caught the trojan and closed the page.

why is this happening?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:36 AM

imho i would use my link for viruses on my website and scan for all known viruses thanks

ian

Ads

I am having the same issue on two PC's, one of which is almost new. I have scanned with different virus software (AVG) and it has come up clean. I believe that there is an error in their virus definition which is causing false positives; they have had a similar issue in the past.

Personally, I have uninstalled Avast and installed AVG instead and seem to be running smoothly. Unfortunately, I have just wasted the last 2+ hours at work. Sad

I'm using AVAST (not AVG) and i know a bunch of AVAST users are having malware popups blocked on every page. Looks like it could be some update glitch with avast, but I also had AVAST tell me that there was a trojan horse on the facebook site today. weird. i'm on facebook right now though ( i have my avast web shield turned off) and my computer is acting fine.

Sorry, I couldn't help that much, but it seems like something with these virus programs seems to be going a little wonky today? maybe?