This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can somebody give me ways to convince my mom facebook is safe?
11-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Can somebody give me ways to convince my mom facebook is safe?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:37 AM

Ok show your mum how secure your profile is, make sure EVERYTHING is friends only and reassure her that you ONLY add people you actually KNOW! that would convince me,

but im a mum myself so i know how your mum must feel. please try and understand that your mum isnt trying to be a funsucker, she is looking out for you and is worried about your safety. these networking sites can be very dangerous. so it is very important that you keep all your info hidden, NEVER add anyone your dont know and NEVER give out any personal information. Its a mothers instinct to protect her child so your mum is going to have so reservations but just reassure her that she can trust you and that you will ne ver misuse it or let anyone you dont know onto your page.

If you dont add anyone you dont know and your page is fully for friends only then there should be nothing to worry about. Even if it means letting your mum see what you do on your site a few times just so she understands how it works etc so she can put her mind at rest and not worry so much

Hope this helps

Ads

Fb have been upgrading their server for better privacy settings, to make it safer, but the internet is still dangerous. Nothing beats talking to a person In Real Life, reading body language, continue the art of conversation, rather than sitting in front of a faceless, no personality monitor? You are obviously young and require you parents permission? In Australia we have police monitoring these sites 24/7 to act your age to catch pedophiles,who are praying on young Innocent kids. They have a good success rate as well. Ok I was brought up without all this technology, we had to make our own fun, which expanded the mind, rather than getting very board very quickly. You have heard the sayings, "pictures tell a thousand words", Lot of celebrities getting into trouble with tweets or text, you can't take back words,one you put them out there. So I would say don't be in such a hurry to grow up, and cave in to peer pressure, to have a Fb page? You can live with out it. Unless you know a person words can be misread or mis interpreted, and have seroius consequences. Sorry I am on your Parent side!

NO!!!! Facebook is not safe...There are dangers. Your pic should not be there. There are always ways for people to see things..nothing is safe.