This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you look at a laptop that is on a unsecure network?
11-10-2012, 12:30 AM
How do you look at a laptop that is on a unsecure network?
My bestfriends boyfriend is getting on her facebook and deleting friends and other things. He says that he is doing it because he is able to access what she is viewing because the wifi network she logs onto is unsecure. Is this true or Bull Crap? And if true, does she have to be on it for him to be able to do this or can it see her laptop at anytime? Any info on this would be great. He uses the same wifi. Turn about is fair play!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Unless he is very good with computers, he shouldn't be able to. Did you consider the face that he is using her laptop to do it or that he might know her password?

Ads

11-10-2012, 12:38 AM

An unsecured network is when there is no password a secured is when there is. The fact hes using the unsecured network has an excuse is telling me that he doing what called a man in the middle attack. which means hes basically standing in the router with a net catching what comes in. another way is for him to put a keylogger in her computer and it sends him what she has typed. or he just knows her password by looking over her shoulder. with both computer related ways i mentioned aren't easy so if that is how he did it hes pretty skilled with computers. a way to prevent the keylogger part is the get good anti virus. a great free one is avg. anther way is the get a key scrambler program. the man in the middle attack can only be prevented by using a secured connection. and even than it isnt 100%