This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a new Facebook status trend?
11-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Is this a new Facebook status trend?
I have noticed that some of my friends on facebook post a status, and then at the end of the status, they use a # with a word that describes the status. What exactly is this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:40 AM

It's a twitter thing. So they probably have twitter and are too cool they put it on fb

Ads

sometimes its done for twitter.

This is called a hashtag. This is most useful on twitter and you might see this on facebook when people have a twitter account connected. They are used so that a larger audience of people interested in similar things can see your tweet. For example if i just went to the movies and tweeted "just saw #toystory3 it was a #greatmovie" if any searches toy story 3 or great movie they will see that tweet. If you want more information here is a web page that does a great job of explaining it http://www.twitip.com/tweet-your-message...hashtags/. Hope i Helped! Smile

It's a thing from twitter. Trending topics/hashtag. Like, on twitter it would say #thingsihate, and so if someone posts a status saying "Ugh, mom is being such a jerk right now. #thingsihate" that's basically it. It's just people that don't realize Twitter should stay on Twitter, and Facebook on Facebook.

yeah it's from twitter. it's annoying -.-

#youreonthewrongwebsite.