This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to ask my mom for a facebook?
11-10-2012, 12:33 AM
How to ask my mom for a facebook?
please dont say just ask her. so my brother has one and she knows but she says that i cant have one. if i make one without telling her my brother would probably tell her so ya. thx.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:41 AM

Well you need a good reason. And it helps if you're getting good grades, behaving well, etc.

Ads

Make one at a friends house, then only go on when your not home. REMEMBER TO BLOCK YOUR BROTHER SO HE CANT SEE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Basically what Nick said

If you are still young enough to be living at home and be at school, then I know you said don't (and you probably have done already), but the only way is to ask her.

Whatever way you use to get an account behind her back, believe me when I say she WILL find out - it may be from your brother, an uncle or your best friend's mum - and it probably won't be the best day you ever have if she feels very strongly about it.

Plus, she won't ever fully trust you again meaning that any other more important things may be a lot harder to get (think about the day that you may want to stay out late at night at a party, or drive a car, or when you want to have a boyfriend and things like that).

A simple way of going about getting it is to wait til you are your brother's age (if you are younger right now) and ask her then - she did allow your brother so there's isn't a reason in the world not to allow you.

Or if it's too far away, then bargain with your mum and tell her that she should allow you to get one for a while and you can tell her that if your grades get lower within let's say 6 months, you will stop using it and close it. As long as your grades don't get bad within the 6 months, she will let you keep it without question. If you show maturity, by trying to offer something back for getting one, she may actually allow you to have straight away.

As a last resort, you could even tell her that you will give her your password so that she can check up on you anytime she wants. But don't do it behind her back. If you do it without telling her, she may not admit this to you, but she would probably be more hurt than angry about it because you simply didn't even talk to her.

Hope this helps at all and good luck ...