This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can you change your name on facebook?
11-10-2012, 12:36 AM
How can you change your name on facebook?
I wanna change my name on facebook, the same name but in different type of writing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:45 AM

Go to Account > Account Settings > Name and click change. Type your preferred name in and click save.

Hope this helps, Le-Chosen-One

Ads

Go to Account > Account Settings > Name
From here you may know wat to do.

Good question. Answer is, no, not anymore. Facebook is Big Brother's tool, and he doesn't like his tools played with like toys. In order to change your name, you must fax them an official change of name from the court or an actual marriage license. I'm not making this up.

You are allowed 1 USERNAME change, but the username is just what is added on to your URL, not your actual name. After that one username change you're stuck with whatever you have, not unlike a DL number or SS number or whatever means they use to keep track of us.

To make my point clearer: This is an example FB page: https://www.facebook.com/homelandsecurity

The page's name is "Department of Homeland Security" and the username is "homelandsecurity"
So, the creator of this page could, in theory, change his username to, hahaispyonamericansandyoucantstopme, but then he is stuck with that on the end of his url. But the Department of Homeland Security name doesnt change unless he marries or gets a court order faxed it.

To change your name you need to send a name change request, which must be approved by a Facebook representative in order to take effect. This guide will show you how to do it:

http://romcartridge.blogspot.com/2010/10...ebook.html

Good luck!