This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should my 11 year old daughter get a facebook?
11-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Should my 11 year old daughter get a facebook?
She is in middle school and really wants one. She says all of her friends have one so why can't she. Should I let her have one. She keeps telling me, if she gets one that I can watch over it, but I'm not sure. Should I?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:04 AM

There are not a lot of dangers on facebook. If you know your girl and trust she won't do anything stupid, than there are probably no worries to have.

Ads

She's too young to have one. The minimum age to have an account is 13, so she wouldn't even be able to sign up with her actual birth date. Underage users can be reported and have their accounts disabled

My sister's eleven. I think that that is WAY too young for a Facebook. At least 8th grade, I'd say.
And chances are, all of her friends DON'T have one. Maybe a couple do.
You can watch over her Facebook IF you make an account and friend her.
Seriously, though, she's eleven. She should be calling her friends and talking to them face-to-face. She can get caught up in technology later. :- )

Be the adult here. No means no. Caving in because," all her friends have one" doesn't work. Look at it this way, did you mother give you anything because all your friends had them too? Face book is one of those places that you cannot always be there to check. Implied trust doesn't mean that she will not fuss and ask you not to be looking over her shoulder all the time.
Here's a link to help you decide:
http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/2007/...t-perverts

facebook is perfeectly safe if your friends with the right people. if you check over her facebook thats fine. my sister is in 6th grade and A LOT of her friends have facebook. they just chat and leave videos for eachhother on it, theres nothing wrong with it

im 14, my parents let me have one. but i gotta follow strict rules.
facebook is much better thank myspace. but just watch over her.
honestly there is nothing much you can do on facebook. i only play on those games you can only acess if u have a facebook account.