This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How cure able is pancreatic cancer?
11-10-2012, 01:15 AM

Ask Patrick Swayze.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

6% survival rate. I'm sorry.

Ads

It's one of the hardest forms of cancer to cure. It's unlikely that he'll survive, sorry.

She is being optimistic. I'm sorry to say, but pancreatic cancer is actually one of the worst forms of cancer.

unfortunately pancraetic cancer has very low survival rate. It does respond to some drugs but is unlikely to be cured

I had two uncles just die of it. If it is caught early there is a better chance. I did read in a medical journal that eating a lot of asparagus is helping to fight cancer.

Well cancer is not really curable if can be controled and SOMETIMES it may go away with the right lifestyle and diet. Usually cancer is treated with kemo therapy but this dosent always cure it also u can have an operation to remove it but it may end up in another part of the body. With the pancres it may be cured but closest to that it may end up in the bowl next. HOPE I COULD HELP!!!!!!! Good luck

its one of the most deadly forms of cancer because its very stealthy and goes undetected until its final stages. Not only that but it kills healthy cells quickly. It all depends on early detection like with all cancer

A co-worker of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at stage two. He just finished surgery and will undergo chemotherapy and possibly radiation.

The doctor did tell him that he had about a year to live. But I feel that he will put up a great fight against the disease and he will beat it.

It is my wish anyway. I do know they say it is one of the deadliest cancer's but I am wishing for the best possible outcome.

Yes pancreatic cancer is only a 5% cure rate. I had surgery for it in April I got it early thanks to myself being persistent about my health to the doctors and asking them to do testing. They removed my spleen and 3/4 of my pancreas it had spread to one lymph node but not any where else.I didn't have to have chemo either so I am what they call cured I have to go doctor every three months for check ups. It has now been 5 months and cancer free so there is hope for people out there.