This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I convince my dad to get me a Facebook account?
11-10-2012, 01:12 AM
How can I convince my dad to get me a Facebook account?
oh yeah, he has a facebook and checks it regularly to see if i made one without asking...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:21 AM

You don't need to just do it yourself

Ads

lawl make it yourself.

limit your self info and but a wrong name for the beginning. Get new friend, only accept REAL friends on facebook and come on 2010, 150 millions of people are on that !!!

Promise him that you won't do awful things with your facebook account and keep the promise, don't break it. Allow your add to add you ( if he has a facebook account ) and don't put him to a friends list with restriction to your account.
And keep do homework instead of playing facebook games... Wink)

GIVING A STRIP SHOW SERIOUSLY!

just make one...

I know how some parents especially fathers can be. They can really be a trip and when their off springs decide to sneak and do things they are not aware of, that is when trust becomes an issue. If you sit your dad down and even mom and let them know that having a face book account can be an advantage with keeping up with my friends and relatives and even advancing in a career like singing or dancing or what have you, he may be in store for maturity because you did bring it to the table and tell him up front why you want one. Hiding it or just opening an account with out him knowing will make him think you are hiding something or trying to sex some boys. Believe me I have been there and done that with my kids. Now grown. They turned out fine because I did not restrict them from anything and we talked about everything. If you don't let the teens and preteens experience some fun in life they will end up doing whatever parents tell them not to do even if parents say no. The teenagers are going to wonder 'why the h*** not? Then the guardians wonder why linda who is 13 yrs old sneaks out the window at night with john who he is 20 yrs old and the parents find out and almost have a heart attack. Parents have a responsibility in understanding young people and not misunderstanding them. Your dad should not be convinced or persuaded about something so simple as face book but should be willing to compromise and understand this time and age is not his era. Things have changed from the 60's through 2010. Good Luck to you.