This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
suggestions for the hd camcorder im getting for christmas?
11-10-2012, 01:12 AM
suggestions for the hd camcorder im getting for christmas?
i am getting a hd camcorder for christmas this year(its going to be a gift from my mother). i like to make home movies for youtube and facebook and i edit them on my netbook laptop which has no cd drive. the camcorder has to be in the 100 - 200 dollar range and id like it to be hd quality. also, something that has long battery life, sharp video,and has a good bit of internal memory. any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:21 AM

You need to do this research yourself. Never trust your wants to someone elses suggestion. Look at this web site.

Camcorder Reviews Find the Best Camcorders and Compare Prices Information and reviews on the latest and best Camcorders on the market today. TestFreaks has all the reviews to help you find the best Camcorder.

Canon VIXIA HF200 - Page 2 - Vixia hf11 - Page 4
http://www.testfreaks.com/digital-camcorders/ - Cached - Similar

Ads

i agree with . about looking yourself, as it can be the best. just make sure that when you look online, read the customer review before you buy. they can save you tons of $$$$$$.

however, if i were to make a suggestion, the DXG-569v is a great little pocket camera. it uses sd cards, and plugs right into your computer with a usb cable (like most cameras nowadays). it shoots high def videos, with very good quality, at 720pHD. this is more than enough for youtube, and you will get the HD button after you upload. i use mine for everything from messing around at school to a dirt bike helmet cam and paintball gun cam. it's very reliable and with the abuse i have put it through, should have died about 5 times over by now. my only complaint about it is that the battery life lasts for about 15 minutes, then you have to recharge the batteries. it takes AAA batteries, but unless you get lithium they will not last more than 5 minutes. i got lithium batteries to last for about a half an hour to 45 minutes at disneyland (where i took it on every ride i went on, even the water rides. still works like new). i got it for about $150 a year ago, but you should be able to get it now for about $90 new.

another suggestion is the Kodak z1485 IS. it's a point and shoot camera, but has many more features than any normal point and shoot camera, one being that it shoots amazing video, even better than the DXG, in high def. the resolution is about the same, 720pHD, but it captures motion better without any waving motion. i had a z1085 IS (10 megapixels instead of 14), and it captured insanely good pictures and videos, the z1485 i the newer model, so i can imagine that it does a whole lot better. it has a very wide view angle lens, with not much distortion or fish eye effect at all. even though its a point and shoot, the sensor is bigger, and captures pictures much better than normal cameras its size. it has professional settings for photography, such as being able to change the aperture, shutter speed, iso, etc. you may just get into photography and film making. when you buy it, it comes with a disposable lithium battery, which lasted me for a week, but once it dies regular AA batteries last about 5 minutes, 10 minutes if they are rechargeable. however, i quickly fixed the problem by buying a rechargeable lithium battery, which lasts for like 5 days of everyday use on every charge. i recommend this camera above the DXG because its price ($170) is a VERY good price for its video quality and picture quality. normally a camera like this should go for about $300 at the least. sadly, however, my camera died. i should have figured that paintballing and high wind speeds do not mix well with a camera on a tripod. but believe me, i got my moneys worth out of it, and i am just saving up to get a new one. the battery and charger should cost you about $30-$40, depending on where you get it. may fall a little over budget, but you can use rechargeable AA batteries until you save up for a lithium. it is a very good camera and i highly recommend it.

both cameras shoot video in .mov format, which is not compatible with windows movie maker, if that's the video editing program you use. however, video converters are very easy to find on the internet, and you can get some free ones that work very well to convert the videos from .mov to .avi. or you can find a video editor.

hope i helped! remember there are tons of choices out there, surf the web and get info on any suggested cameras to make sure it's right for you before you buy.

I would suggest the Flip Ultra HD because it is in your price range and is great for youtube videos. You should also check out some of canon cameras, I know you said camcorder but some of the canon point and shoot cameras take good HD video.

Look no further than the JVC Everio series.