This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I create a Facebook for my kids using my email address?
11-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Can I create a Facebook for my kids using my email address?
I haven't allowed my children to have one yet but I think they are responsible enough with my supervision to have one now. But do I have to get them a separate email? I hope not so I can monitor it.

how can I do this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:23 AM

nope one email per acount. just sit down and make them one from gmail or yahoo so you know the name and password

Ads

Yes you have to get them a separate email. you cannot have two of the same emails.

Each email address can have only have 1 email address linked to it

If you're worried about what they're doing then know the password to the accounts so you can monitor

But if they're under 13 they're still not old enough to have an account whether you think they're responsible enough or not

You can only have one Facebook account associated to a particular e-mail address, so if you are already registered using that address, you will not be able to do so. You could create new e-mail addresses for your children (using Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.), and not give them the passwords, so that you could control the correspondence, and then use those addresses to create Facebook accounts.

You sadly cannot get away with using your own email address, so you are going to have to make them one (I would advice for the safety/privacy of your children that they don't use their actual name in their email address name, but make it something they could easily remember like 'pinkandpurple123')

Here is what my mom did when I first got my facebook:
1. I had to set my privacy settings to the one where people can't see anything on my profile unless they were my friend (and then the friend setting would have to be where I approved of the friend, meaning that I actually knew the person)
2. My mother had to approve of everything that I posted and that includes writing, pictures, and videos

Hope I helped!