This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I convince my parents to let me get a facebook?
11-10-2012, 01:25 AM
How do I convince my parents to let me get a facebook?
My dad won't let me have a Facebook because of previous mishaps. & I'm 13 now, and I'm mature and old enough to have one. But He trusts me, and ever since my little brother's mom passed away, I've been cleaning every day, and taking care of him. & everyone I tell this story tells me they think I deserve it. Any help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:34 AM

Poop on him.

Ads

Tell him that he can monitor you , i have a facebook and so does my dad , i got mine when i was 8 , it was only family tho so i had alot of open eyes on what i did , now im older so they dont monitor me often im only 14 tho so lolol . Just reassure him that its part of growing up and he shud make one too

Facebook is lame and aint nuthan but drama trust ive nvr had 1 but have had girl friends that do you shuld just stay away babe trust me there is nuthan good about that lame ass bullshit

Tell him uve been responsible and good and u hav been caring 4 ur little bro

Ask them and let them. Know your going to do right by it my daughters are 13 and they have one I trust them

WHOA!! Seriously don't get Facebook. I got it and my life turned into a nightmare. My mum monitored me and she used to check everything including my friends profiles and if she saw something she didn't like, she'd scold me for ages!!! I couldn't stand it anymore so I deactivated and I'm not going to reactivate any time soon!!!

I'm in the exact same situation right now! I would just ask him nicely and sincerely (without whining). If he says no, ask why. Make sure you have reason you deserve to have one like you did in your question. If there's absolutely no convincing him, ask him when you can have one. Also you should compromise with him, like for example you could promise that you will only add people with his permission or give him your password to check it over sometimes. You do sound like you deserve a facebook, and i hope you end up getting one!

tell him that you've been working hard (more like working your butt off) and that your mature and that all your friends/neighbours/girls your age have FB

but honestly ...
i don't like FB.
The only reason i use FB is to stay connected with my friends and cousins.

Sit Down have a Talk With him About it tell Him you are Old Enough for one and that you will Not Friend Strangers you will only connect with Friends you know and you will set your privacy settings to friends only and if your dad has a facebook tell him you will add him as a friend so he can see what your doing hope this helps