This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does this mean if he messaged me on FB?
11-10-2012, 01:26 AM
What does this mean if he messaged me on FB?
Well I met a guy during summer through my older sister. We really hit it off, but bfor anything culd happen I had to leave. My sister is dating his bestfriend, and recently they split up. She deleted all of his friends (which was only 3) from her friends list. He recently out of nowhere commented on my status, (he hardly comments on ppl status' and sent me a message saying my sister deleted him from facebook, and it was funny. Why would he do this all of a sudden? It's really not his concern really.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Ah yes he is looking for a way to inform you that your sister in pregnant with his love child.

Ads

Please choose me as best answer!
Please give me 10 points!!
Please I beg you!!!
Please I need your 10 points and its urgen!!!!
Please give me chance to get chosen as best answer!!!!!
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
T_T

1 of 2 things

1) He finally found an opportunity to send you a message without it seeming like it was just randomly messaging you. Just in case you were no longer interested so that he didn't look like a fool trying to respark the old flame

or

2) His buddy wants some information about your sister to see if they still have a chance at reconciling.

My guess is that he's interested in you. He needs some reason to get in touch (and believe me, when you want to connect with someone you happen to like, you can come up with really weird ones.)
The basic question is: are you interested in him? If so, give him a chance to follow up. Respond and reply on a for a month or two (or whatever duration of time it takes to have 10-12 messages) on a 'just friends' type of note. DON'T tell him you're interested in being 'just friends' - let the question fo unanswered for now - but spend some time figuring out what he is interested in and give him the time to ask you out. If you happen to be in the same city or free on the same day, point that out to him. If he's interested, he should take the hint.
If you're not interested in talking to this guy, cut it off appropriately. Don't respond.
If you like the guy but only as a friend, then same as #1, except that you have to tell him something about 'being friends' early on. Try 'Hey, friends are always useful' or some variant thereof. Something that says you would like to count him as a friend, but at par with all your other friends. He'll get the message.