This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Martinsville Speedway give tent campers an extra vehicle pass, or is there a free lot for a second car?
11-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Does Martinsville Speedway give tent campers an extra vehicle pass, or is there a free lot for a second car?
I'm planning on tent camping at this weekends race. The website doesn't answer the question, nor their phone tree. I've contacted them via e-mail, and no response. I'm meeting my brother there, and I need to know if the track has a lot they allow the additional vehicle to park in, and if there is a charge. Thei "fan guide" leaves a rather large grey area here.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:36 AM

i've never camped on the speedway grounds, so i wouldn't know. but here's what i always do. on route 220, right across the street from the track, you'll see a little motel called the travel inn. if you are standing with your back to the track looking at the travel inn, you'll see an empty lot on the right. it's owned by a man named lee ramsey, you can camp right there, that's what i always do, just negotiate a price with him for the weekend, he's very reasonable. we usually have that lot to ourselves (we know several people that stay in the motel so we have showers and stuff) we have a camp fire going all weekend. unfortunately, i'm not going next week, it'll be the first october martinsvill race i've missed in years. or, immediately to the right of THAT lot is a much bigger camp ground, still directly across the street from the track, who's rates are also very reasonable. in either lot, you'll have a great time, you'll be right in the middle of tailgating central. if you click on my profile, then click on my facebook link, go to my photos and i have a bunch of pics on there from that campsite under "martinsville photos"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply