This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How could social media (eg. facebook, myspace, twitter) be used to make a positive difference?
10-03-2012, 01:30 AM
How could social media (eg. facebook, myspace, twitter) be used to make a positive difference?
I need to write an essay on the topic of "Social Media" but i need some help in completely understanding in detail the positves of these social mediums. If anyone can help me or provide infomation i would be grateful

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 01:38 AM

Umm.. Give out messages of hope?

OMG I HAVE TO WRITE AN ESSAY ON THIS TOO.

Ads

Advertising and making others aware of a certain cause. It's like a ripple effect: on Facebook, one person creates a fan page[or group], sends it to some people, those people send it to their friends, etc ~

Well they could use it in retirement homes to keep the people occupied. But I don't think the people currently there could adapt to internet usage but people in their 60's and 70's now may be able to use it once they get put in assisted living homes. It also helps disabled people have a life. I have a friend who had an accident recently and can't work so he does a lot of the games on FB. I also know some other bored people who maybe live too far away from their family and friends to visit so they keep in touch thru FB and keep themselves occupied with the games. You can post your pictures and activities without worrying whether a certain person is interested in it or not, because your friends can just look at what they want to.

Social media can also be used to help people in need, like during the Haiti disaster. Social media sites helped spread the news of Haiti's distress unbelievably quickly, building a huge base of people willing to help within hours. There are hundreds of charitable causes using social media to gain awareness amongst the global community.