This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone been shy in their youth and now have very little friends now?
11-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Has anyone been shy in their youth and now have very little friends now?
And are no longer shy?
Haha, I meant little as in few.
Good answers.
I ask this because my social life is bad because I used to be shy. I have no doubt in my mind that right now, if I were to go back, I would have had many more friends.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:44 AM

Some of my friends are very little. Others, however, are very tall indeed!

Ads

Well I transformed from shy to avoidant in a way. I'm not really scared of people persay but I just try to avoid interacting with them. But I can talk, speak, etc w/o a problem if I need to.

Friends seem to give up on me after a while, so these few (new) set oof friends I have now will probably no longer be my friends in a few months.

yes I was a shy child and now 63 have few friends but they are quality - I am no longer shy but picky - I dont feel any need for belonging and like friends that I rarely see. I just know that I love them & vice versa

I was shy in my youth. I am still kind of sorta shy and I have very few friends in fact, I am my own best friend.

My sister was very shy through middle school and high and had no friends except for who I was friends with...and she would just kind of tag along.

Then in college she wrote some songs on my mom's keyboard, formed a band and was the lead singer.

Her band today (her and her husband) has almost 2000 facebook fans.
She doesn't have lots of friends. But the ones that she has are close. She never stopped being shy, but can do amazing things (like sing in a band in front of lots of people) regardless. Shy doesn't have to mean alone...at least not forever.

I have been very shy in my youth up until now... i'm 27 years old... I can't overcome my shyness..haha.. when I talk to people I can't think straight. my mind goes blank. I can't look into their eyes.. it's either I give an impression of a stuck-up or just stupid..haha.. i have very little friends or none maybe.. very little friends in facebook. 46.. there's only about 2 out of my facebook friends that's not a relative.. the rest are all blood related...

why do you ask this?